OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College wrestling team opened the dual match portion of its schedule with a 42-0 loss to Eastern Michigan University tonight at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Eastern Michigan 42, Olivet 0
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Eastern Michigan 1-0, Olivet 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Based on a random draw, the match started at 149 pounds.
- The Eagles won two matches by fall, two by technical fall, two by major decision and four by minor decision.
- At 157 pounds, senior Kevin Papak lost an 8-5 decision.
- At 184 pounds, senior Kyle Carter fell 2-0. The only points her surrendered were on an escape to start the second period and the riding-time point at the end of the match.
- At 285 pounds, senior Jesse Judge fell 5-3. After getting an escape point to tie the match, 2-2, in the third period, he allowed a takedown to make the score 4-2. A penalty point made the score 4-3 before the riding-time point created the final 5-3 margin.
- 125 – Noah Gonser (EMU) pinned Trever Skinner, 3:38
- 133 – Sa'Derian Perry (EMU) pinned Jared Brickley, 1:43
- 141 – Kyle Springer (EMU) tech. fall Curtis Blackwell, 23-8 (7:00)
- 149 – Nick Barber (EMU) def. Austin Kelley, 14-2
- 157 – J.J. Wolfe (EMU) def. Kevin Papak, 8-5
- 165 – David Kasper (EMU) def. Ross Pennock, 13-0
- 174 – Jacob Davis (EMU) tech. fall Davon Jackson, 16-0 (5:43)
- 184 – Kayne MacCullum (EMU) def. Kyle Carter, 2-0
- 197 – Derek Hillman (EMU) def. Rodney Harvey, 7-2
- 285 – Gage Hutchison (EMU) def. Jesse Judge, 5-3
- Olivet's varsity team is back in action next Saturday, Nov. 19, when it hosts the Comet Duals. Olivet will face Davenport University, Otterbein (Ohio) University and University of Indianapolis.