OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team pulled the curtain closed on the 2017 season with a 29-2 setback to Albion College this evening at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Albion 29, Olivet 2
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Albion 5-9 overall, 4-4 MIAA; Olivet 0-13 overall, 0-8 MIAA
FOR THE COMETS
- Juniors Stephanie Robinson and Krystin Verran both scored a free-position goal to account for the two Olivet goals.
- Sophomore Paige Harcourt claimed a team-best three draw controls.
- Robinson tallied a team-leading three ground balls.
- Junior Keri Hettinger made four saves while playing all 60 minutes in the cage.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Cait Gaitley, Taylor Nelson and Shannon Kahl each scored 10 points. Gaitley had a game-high eight goals to go along with a pair of assists, Nelson had six goals and four assists, and Kahl had four goals and a game-best six assists.
- Lauren Wiegand recorded four goals and two assists for six points.
- Also scoring goals were Cassandra Reuschlein (three), Ariella Ruiz (two), Kate Mullins (one) and Madelyn Slamka (one).
- Gaitley and Reuschlein each notched six ground balls.
- Nelson won eight draw controls.
- Jenina Villabroza was the winning keeper.