OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team fell by a 25-1 score to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) co-leader Hope College tonight at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Hope 25, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Hope 6-4 overall, 4-0 MIAA; Olivet 0-11 overall, 0-6 MIAA
FOR THE COMETS
- Junior Sabrina Butler scored Olivet's goal with 5:42 left in the game. The goal was the first of her Comet career.
- Junior Stephanie Robinson and sophomore Paige Harcourt finished with four and draw controls, respectively.
- Junior Keri Hettinger made 11 saves, while playing the entire game in the cage.
FOR THE FLYING DUTCH
- Thirteen players scored at least one point.
- Eric Caton topped Hope with five points on one goal and four assists.
- Dana Kym and Madeline Shupe each scored four goals for four points.
- Emile Deane and Caleigh White had three goals apiece.
- Bailey Berbeich, Amie Hixon and Allison Darnell each had two goals and an assist for three points.
- Also scoring goals were Serena Harris (one), Mara Droppers (two) and Julianna Burlet (one).
- Berbeich notched a team-high nine shots and six ground balls.
- Hope committed only seven turnovers compared to 29 for Olivet.
- The Comets are on the road to play Trine (Ind.) University Thursday night at 7 p.m.