ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College men's and women's cross country teams placed seventh and ninth at the 2019 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Championships, hosted by Trine (Ind.) University and ran at the Zollner Golf Course in Angola, Indiana.
Location: Zollner Golf Course; Angola, Indiana
- The Comets totaled 163 points, five points behind sixth-place Adrian College. Calvin University had the top five runners for a perfect 15 team score.
- Junior Kyle Markley was the top Olivet runner. He ran the 8K race in 27:48.8 to place 21st.
- Sophomore Kyle McDowell posted a time of 28:33.9 to finish in 31st-place.
- Freshman Chase Mendham crossed the finish line in 29:02.1.
- Olivet finished with 250 points, 11 points behind eighth-place Adrian. Hope College captured the team title with 32 points.
- Sophomore Kaylee Richardson completed the 6K race in 27:18.1 to be the Comets' top finisher.
- Freshman Savannah Baker was the next Olivet runner to finish, as she had a time of 28:55.9.
- Olivet runs at the 2019 NCAA Great Lakes Regional Meet in two weeks, Nov. 16. Calvin is the host school, and the races will take place at the Gainey Athletic Complex.