GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team lost in three sets to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) leader and nationally-ranked Calvin University tonight at Van Noord Arena in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Calvin def. Olivet 25-10, 25-19, 25-13
Location: Van Noord Arena; Grand Rapids, Michigan
Records: Olivet 14-11 overall, 2-5 MIAA; Calvin 21-2 overall, 7-0 MIAA
- In the first set, the Knights and Comets traded the first six points to create three tied scores. After the last one at 3-3, Calvin went on an 8-0 run. Olivet closed the gap to seven points, 14-7, before the Knights ended the set on an 11-3 scoring spurt.
- In the second set, Olivet built a five-points lead on two occasions. The Comets maintained the advantage until Calvin seized its first lead of the set at 15-14. The Knights did not relinquish their lead for the rest of the set. Olivet posted a .171 attack percentage (10 kills, with four errors on 35 attempts) during the second set.
- Calvin scored the first four points of the third set and never looked back.
- Senior Morgan Champion hit at a .300 clip, recording a team-best 11 kills, with two errors on 30 attempts.
- Freshman Ellie Louiselle was next with five kills.
- Senior Madelyn Notenbaum tallied a match-best 20 set assists.
- Sophomore Drue Mullin finished with a team-leading 12 digs.
- Sarah DeVries recorded a team-leading 12 kills and 17 set assists.
- Heidi Westra had seven kills.
- Grace Kellogg served four aces.
- Aubrey Wrubel registered a match-best 14 digs.
- The Comets wrap-up their regular season Saturday when they host Hope College at 11 a.m.