OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team was tripped by Adrian College in three sets this evening in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) match at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian def. Olivet 25-19, 25-18, 25-20
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 3-11 overall, 1-4 MIAA; Adrian 3-11 overall, 3-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following a 1-1 tie in the first set, the Bulldogs scored three straight points to go up 4-1. The Comets came back to make the score 6-5 before a 6-0 Adrian run put the set out of reach.
- Olivet jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the second set. Adrian put eight of the next points on the scoreboard for an 8-4 advantage. The Comets were never able to recover from that deficit.
- The Bulldogs scored the first four points of the third set. Adrian continued to hold the lead at 8-6 until Olivet used a 7-1 run to take a 13-9 lead. The Comets maintained the four-point lead, 16-12. The Bulldogs answered with a 7-0 scoring spurt to gain a 19-16 lead. Two Olivet kills made the score 19-18. Adrian responded with consecutive points to push its lead to 23-18. The teams traded points for the rest of the set, resulting in the 25-20 final.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Brittney Prince slammed down a team-best 10 kills.
- Freshman Lake Groll was next with seven kills, while posting a team-high .462 attack percentage.
- Sophomore Morgan Champion and senior Courtney Cronkright each had six kills.
- Sophomore Madelyn Notenbaum collected a team-best 18 set assists.
- Sophomore libero Gabrielle Mundt recorded a match-high 15 digs.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Carly Thomas led all players with 12 kills, followed by Jenai White with 11.
- Liz Susitko posted team-highs in set assists (41) and digs (12).
- Olivet plays a 1 p.m. match tomorrow at Saint Mary's (Ind.) College.