ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams scored 95 and 76 points at the Albion College Triangular, held today at the Elkin Isaac Track in Albion. The third school participating in the triangular was Alma College. Highlighting the meet was six individual event wins and four school-record performances for the Comets.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Freshman Lillian Albaugh won the shot put with a school-record toss of 41 feet, 3inches. She also finished second in javelin throw (90 feet, 7 inches), fourth in the discus throw (113 feet, 7 inches) and sixth in the hammer throw (113 feet, 10 inches).
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd took first in the hammer throw with a school-record mark of 159 feet, 10 inches. She was also the runner-up in the discus throw (118 feet, 3 inches) and fifth-place performer in the shot put (35 feet, 3-3/4 inches).
- Senior Michaela Kaliniak placed second in the pole vault with a mark of 10 feet, 11-3/4 inches.
- Freshman Hailei Manthei scored fourth-place points in the hammer throw (121 feet, 4 inches) and had the sixth-best performance in the shot put (32 feet, 7-3/4 inches).
- Senior Jessica Taylor registered the sixth-best mark in the javelin throw (78 feet, 2 inches). On the track, she had fourth-best time in the 400-meter hurdles (1:18.79) and sixth-best time in the 100-meter hurdles (:21.90).
- Freshman Kaylee Richardson finished fourth in the 1,500-meter run (5:45.92) and fifth in the 3,000-meter run (12:41.32).
- Freshman Laura Tuttle and senior Zoe Feighner were fifth (1:11.73) and sixth (1:12.26), respectively in the 400-meter dash.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of Floyd, Manthei, sophomore Samantha Torres and sophomore Sarah Feldpausch was second (:55.76).
- The 4x400-meter relay quartet of Feighner, freshman Morgan Greenman, Torres and Taylor finished third (4:53.80).
FOR THE MEN
- Junior Noah Bailey won the long jump with a school-record mark of 23 feet, 5-1/4 inches. He also took first-place in the triple jump (46 feet, 9 inches).
- Senior Kory Slaby took first-place in the javelin throw (138 feet, 2 inches), second-place in the hammer throw (140 feet, 4 inches) and fourth-place in the discus throw (120 feet, 8 inches).
- Senior Chris Womack was the winner in the 400-meter hurdles (:59.08).
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Womack, freshman Aaron Wilson, sophomore Tyler Peck and Bailey crossed the finish line in first-place (3:31.60).
- Freshman Bradley Hawkins finished second in the javelin throw (136 feet, 11 inches) and sixth in the shot put (37 feet, 1-1/4 inches).
- Freshman Joshua Johnson was second in the long jump (22 feet, 4-1/4 inches).
- Sophomore Jacob Smith had the second-best throw in the shot put (46 feet, 8 inches).
- The 4x100-meter relay quartet of Peck, sophomore Tyler Chavalia, Womack and Johnson finished second (:44.08).
- Peck had the third-fastest time in the 400-meter dash (:52.51).
- Chavalia crossed the finish line in third-place in the 100-meter dash (:11.33) and in sixth-place in the 200-meter dash (:24.59).
- Peck placed third in the 400-meter dash (:52.51).
- Freshman Abdulahi Abdiyow placed sixth in the 800-meter run (2:14.37).
- Sophomore Jaden Costa was sixth of 14 runners in the 5,000-meter run (17:00.24).
- Johnson finished sixth in the 100-meter dash (:11.71).
- Freshman Kyle Markley was fifth in the 1,500-meter run (4:26.55).
- Olivet travels to the Al Owens Classic, hosted by Grand Valley State University next Friday and Saturday, April 19-20. A select number of field events take place Friday, starting at 12 p.m. On Saturday, the remaining field events and running events get under way at 10 a.m.