MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College women's tennis team defeated Manchester (Ind.) University, 7-2, this afternoon at the Marshall High School Tennis Courts in Marshall, Michigan.
Final Score: Olivet 7, Manchester (Ind.) 2
Location: Marshall High School Tennis Courts; Marshall, Michigan
Records: Olivet 2-0 overall, Manchester 0-4 overall
- The Comets posted wins in two-of-three doubles matches and five-of-six singles matches.
- The No. 1 doubles team of freshman Makenzie Borg and senior Miranda Pier cruised to an 8-2 win.
- The No. 3 double duo of freshman Anneliese Jones and sophomore Julia Miklusicak won an 8-3 pro-set.
- Borg lost only two games to win 6-2, 6-0 at No. 2 singles.
- Jones tallied a 6-3, 6-2 win at No. 3 singles.
- At No. 4 singles, sophomore Emily Foulk won her first set 6-4 before losing the second set 7-6. She then the match-tiebreaker, 10-8.
- Senior Sydnie Weller coasted to a 6-1, 6-1 victory at No. 5 singles.
- Junior Alex Lesko won easily, 6-0, 6-2 at No. 6 singles.
- Olivet is back in action tomorrow at the Marshall High School Tennis Courts against Alma College. First serve is at 11 a.m.