GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team closed out the 2019 season with a 2-0 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Calvin University tonight at Zuidema Field in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Calvin 2, Olivet 0
Location: Zuidema Field; Grand Rapids, Michigan
Records: Calvin 5-9-3 overall, 3-3-2 MIAA; Olivet 5-8-3 overall, 0-5-3 MIAA
- The score was 0-0 at halftime. The Comets had two strong chances to score. The first came in the 20th minute when sophomore Kiley Schneck's shot on a free kick from 26 yards out was saved by the keeper. The second was with 2:48 left before halftime when freshman Mary Mitchell's shot was also saved. The Knights had 12 total shots in the opening 45 minutes of play. Five of the shots were placed on-frame and stopped by sophomore Mekenzie Lamb.
- Calvin scored its goal exactly at the midpoint of the second half. Emma Thompson rocketed her shot into the goal off a free kick from the far corner of the field. The Knights added an insurance goal with 4:49 left in the game.
- Olivet was held to six total shots.
- Schenck recorded a team-best three shots.
- Lamb collected seven saves in 90 minutes of action in goal.
- Thompson and Emma Visser scored the goals.
- Jessica Pualson had an assist to go along with a match-best six shots.
- Anna Reimink was next with four shots.
- Amy Kliewer provided the clean sheet in goal. She had three saves.