OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team shut out North Central (Ill.) College, 2-0, on an overcast day at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. With the win, the Comets improve to 3-0 on their home field this season.
Final Score: Olivet 2, North Central (Ill.) 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: North Central 4-2-1 overall, Olivet 3-2 overall
- Both teams had scoring chances early in the first half but the shots either sailed over the net or were stopped by the keeper.
- The Comets scored their first goal in the 36th minute. Junior Grace White passed the ball across the six-yard box, where freshman Mary Mitchell ran onto the ball and sent a shot in the goal at the far post.
- The score stayed 1-0 at halftime.
- The Cardinals turned up their offensive pressure in the second half. Olivet junior goalkeeper Brooklyn Holley made several key saves to keep the score at 1-0.
- Late in the game, White dribbled the ball down the field and was able to knock the ball off a North Central player to earn a corner kick for Olivet. Junior Chelsie Smith rocketed the ball into the box, where it found the head of sophomore Lauren Maybee who headed the ball into the goal for her second goal this season.
- Olivet was out-shot 16-10 in total shots, but did have a 7-5 advantage in shots-on-goal.
- Mitchell led the way with four shots, placing three on-frame.
- Maybee and senior Abby Radcliffe each had two shots.
- Holley finished with five saves to earn the shutout win in goal. The five saves also moved her pass the 100 career saves plateau.
- Kaitlyn Cannon, Aly Crum, Kily Egan and Allyson Viederis recorded three shots apiece.
- Madison Lockard was the losing keeper. She played all 90 minutes and had five saves.
- Olivet welcomes the Manchester (Ind.) University Spartans to the Cutler Athletic Complex Friday afternoon for a 4 p.m. contest.