OLIVET, Mich. – Freshman Mary Mitchell's goal with seven minutes left led the Olivet College women's soccer team to a 1-0 shutout win over Heidelberg (Ohio) University today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 1, Heidelberg (Ohio) 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Heidelberg 2-2 overall, Olivet 2-1 overall
- The Comets out-shot the Student Princes, 20-5, including a 6-1 edge in the first half.
- From the left side of the field, Mitchell struck the ball from 25 yards out into the net at the near post in the 83rd minute.
- Senior Maya Prewitt led Olivet with five total shots.
- Mitchell recorded four shots.
- Junior Brooklyn Holley provided the clean sheet in goal. She made one save.
- Sophia Jackson tallied two shots.
- Meredith Bruce suffered the hard-luck loss in goal. She collected seven saves.
- Olivet travels to play Dominican (Ill.) University next Wednesday, Sept. 11, at 5 p.m. EST.