BEXLEY, Ohio – The Olivet College women's soccer team was shutout by Capital (Ohio) University, 3-0, this afternoon in its season-opener at Bernlohr Stadium in Bexley, Ohio.
Final Score: Capital 3, Olivet 0
Location: Bernlohr Stadium; Bexley, Ohio
Records: Capital 1-0 overall, Olivet 0-1 overall
- Around the ninth minute of the game, there was a 90-minute weather delay due to lightning in the area.
- The Crusaders led 1-0 at halftime behind a goal by Avery Hart in the 39th minute.
- Capital added two second-half goals for the final 3-0 tally.
- Olivet finished the game with two shots – one each for senior Sarah Feldpausch and freshman Mary Mitchell.
- Junior Brooklyn Holley played all 90 minutes in goal, facing 24 shots and making five saves.
- Hart scored the first two goals, and Kailey Stanisovska scored the third goal.
- Carlee Murry and Olivia Rotolo each tallied three shots.
- Kelly Bachman and Lauren White combined for the shutout in goal.
- Today's game was only the second time in school history that the two schools played each other. Olivet won the previous meeting, 1-0, on this same day (Sept. 1) in 2015.
- Olivet welcomes Greenville (Ill.) University Friday afternoon to the Cutler Athletic Complex for its home-opener. Game time is 1 p.m. Last year, the Comets defeated the Panthers, 3-0, on their home field.