CHICAGO, Ill. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to North Park (Ill.) University, 64-47, in its second game at the 2019 NPU Thanksgiving Tournament at the Holmgren Athletic Complex in Chicago.
Final Score: North Park (Ill.) 64, Olivet 47
Location: Holmgren Athletic Complex; Chicago, Illinois
Records: North Park 4-0 overall, Olivet 1-3 overall
- The Vikings raced out to a 13-0 lead in the first four minutes and 52 seconds of the game. North Park led by 19 points, 26-7, at the end of the first quarter. The Vikings continued their hot shooting in the second quarter and held a 45-19 lead at halftime.
- The Comets trimmed their deficit down to 18 points, 52-34, to start the fourth quarter. North Park increased its lead to as many as 23 points on two occasions in the last quarter. After the last time at 64-41, Olivet scored the final six points of the game.
- Olivet shot 29.8 percent (17-of-57) from the floor, including 10 percent (2-of-20) from behind the arc.
- Junior Fayth Talbert scored a team-best 10 points.
- Senior Jazmin Hildebrand came off the bench to score nine points.
- Talbert and Hildebrand each grabbed five rebounds.
- North Park made 25-of-55 baskets (45.5 percent).
- Jayla Johnson led all players with 20 points.
- Angelina Villasin was next with 13 points.
- Alisha Panthier pulled down a game-best seven rebounds.
- Olivet travels to play Franklin (Ind.) College next Wednesday, Nov. 27, at 5 p.m.