OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team wrapped-up the first half of its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) schedule with a 75-59 loss to Adrian College this evening at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian 75, Olivet 59
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 6-10 overall, 3-5 MIAA; Olivet 5-12 overall, 1-7 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first quarter featured a pair of tied scores (3-3 and 16-16) and six lead changes. The Comets led by as many as six points, 16-10. The Bulldogs fought back by scoring 11 of the final 12 points of the period for a 21-17 advantage.
- Adrian made back-to-back three-pointers to start the second quarter, resulting in its largest lead of the quarter at 27-17. Olivet scored 10 consecutive points to even the score at 27-27. The teams traded baskets for the rest of the period. Behind a three-pointer by freshman Sydnee Dennis at the buzzer, the Comets trailed by two points, 32-30.
- With 3:31 remaining in the third quarter, Olivet took a 43-41 lead on a fast-break layup by freshman Grace White. Adrian scored 14 unanswered points to end the quarter to take a 55-43 lead into the final quarter.
- In the fourth quarter, the Comets trimmed their deficit to five points, 62-57, after freshman Grace Clark made a three-pointer at the 5:21 mark. The Bulldogs ended the game on a 13-2 run, with the only two points for Olivet on two free throws by freshman Fayth Talbert.
FOR THE COMETS
- Three Olivet players scored in double figures, led by Dennis' 18. All of her shot attempts were behind the three-point arc, going 6-for-11.
- Freshman Bridget Garter finished with 13 points.
- Talbert scored 12 points.
- Talbert and White grabbed nine rebounds apiece. Six of White's rebounds were off the offensive glass.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Five Adrian players scored in double figures.
- Emily Somerville led all players with 20 points.
- Rachel Bucher scored 15 points.
- Angelina Goosby and Sha'Trice Gravess both had a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds, and 10 points and 11 rebounds, respectively.
- Alivia Kondrath also scored 11 points.
- Olivet travels to play MIAA rival Albion College Saturday at 3 p.m.