ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team suffered a three-set loss to Adrian College in a Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League match this evening at the Merillat Center in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian def. Olivet 25-18, 25-12, 25-20
Location: Merillat Center; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Olivet 6-16 overall, 0-9 MCVL; Adrian 8-14 overall, 3-6 MCVL
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Early in the first set, neither team led by more than one point. The Bulldogs used a 7-2 run to turn a 5-4 lead into a 12-6 advantage. The Comets cut their deficit on three occasions. After the last time at 17-14, Adrian scored eight of the final 12 points to win the set, 25-18.
- The Bulldogs surged ahead 5-1 to start the second set. The Comets were not able to recover from the deficit, as Adrian went on to win the set by a 25-12 score.
- In the third set, Olivet scored the first point before Adrian scored the next two points. The Bulldogs did not trail for the rest of the set.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Rhett Pringle and sophomore Trent Robinson each had eight kills.
- Sophomore Aaron Giorgi recorded 27 set assists.
- Freshman Tanner Gardenour led the way with seven digs.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Noah Marcinkowski posted a match-high 12 kills.
- Mike Gold was next with 10 kills to go along with a match-best .750 attack percentage.
- Joseph Campana dished out 35 set assists.
- Kyle Bell tallied a mach-leading 11 digs.
- The Comets conclude their season tomorrow with 3 p.m. match at Hiram (Ohio) College.