NAPERVILLE, Ill. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team lost in three sets to Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League (MCVL) foe North Central (Ill.) College tonight at the Gregory Arena in Naperville, Illinois.
Final Score: North Central def. Olivet, 25-12, 25-13, 25-19
Location: Gregory Arena; Naperville, Ill.
Records: Olivet 4-5 overall, 0-3 MCVL; North Central 9-6 overall, 2-0 MCVL
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams traded the first four points of the opening set. After a 2-2 tie, the Cardinals scored the next point and did not give up the lead for the remainder of the set.
- North Central led the second set from start-to-finish.
- The Comets took advantage of two Cardinal errors to score the first two points of the third set. Olivet maintained the lead until North Central took its first lead 4-3. The Cardinals pushed their lead to five points on three occasions, with the last time being 16-11. The Comets fought back to trim their deficit down to three points three times, including 18-15. Olivet did not get any closer for the rest of the set.
FOR THE COMETS
- After recording eight total kills over the first two sets, Olivet had 12 kills in the third set.
- Freshman Karl Deichmann led the way with eight kills.
- Senior Rhett Pringle and sphomore Trent Robinson each had four kills.
- Sophomore Aaron Giorgi paced the defense with five digs as well as collected a team-high 18 set assists.
FOR THE CARDINALS
- Jake Braceros and Brenan Crawford finished with 10 kills apiece.
- Samauel Kharasch registered a match-high 10 digs.
- Michael Trunzo dished out 31 set assists.
- Olivet stays on the road to face Carthage (Wis.) College tomorrow afternoon at 2 p.m. ET.