ST. LOUIS, Mo. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team was swept in three sets by Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League foe Fontbonne (Mo.) University this afternoon at Mabee Gymnasium in St. Louis, Missouri.
Final Score: Fontbonne def. Olivet, 25-12, 25-13, 25-17
Location: Mabee Gymnasium; St. Louis, Mo.
Records: Olivet 4-4 overall, 0-2 MCVL; Fontbonne 6-2 overall, 1-0 MCVL
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Griffins led all three sets from start-to-finish. The 13-point margin at the end was Fontbonne's largest lead in the first set.
- In the second set, the Griffins raced to a 6-0 lead and never looked back.
- In the third set, the Comets trailed by just points, 16-14. Fontbonne then closed the set on a 9-3 run.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Trent Robinson topped Olivet with seven kills.
- Senior Rhett Pringle had six kills.
- Sophomore Aaron Giorgi collected 22 set assists.
- Sophomore Brock Pringle recorded a team-high eight digs.
FOR THE GRIFFINS
- Mark Klusman slammed down a team-leading 15 kills and posted a match-high .682 attack percentage.
- Stephen Lendy was next with 11 kills.
- Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell dished out 24 assists.
- Zach Rothstein tallied a match-high 18 digs.
- Olivet plays a 1 p.m. match next Saturday, Feb. 24, at Adrian College.