OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team fell to Fontbonne (Mo.) University in three sets this afternoon inside The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Fontbonne def. Olivet 25-23, 25-21, 25-21
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 3-1 overall, Fontbonne 2-0 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a 5-5 tie in the first set, the Comets scored four straight points to go up 9-5. Olivet continued to hold the lead until the Griffins tied the set at 20-20. The Comets put the next three points on the scoreboard to take a 23-20. Fontbonne scored the final five points for a 25-23 come-from-behind win.
- Olivet led 3-1 in the second set. The Griffins scored the next four points to take a 4-3 lead, and they give up the lead for the rest of the set.
- After trailing 2-1 in the third set, Fontbonne used a 3-0 run to go up 4-2. The Griffins were never down for the rest of the set.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Karl Deichmann slammed down 12 of Olivet's 41 kills.
- Sophomore Trent Robinson was next with nine kills. He had zero errors on 17 attempts for a .529 attack percentage.
- Sophomore Brock Pringle added seven kills and four service aces.
- Senior Rhett Pringle had six kills.
- Sophomore Aaron Giorgi dished out 35 set assists.
- Freshman Tanner Gardenour recorded a match-high 16 digs.
FOR THE GRIFFINS
- Emir Hadzisalihovic, Mark Klusman and Brendon Schwartze each had eight kills.
- Jacob Lendy and Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell split time at the setter position, collecting 19 and 14 assists, respectively.
- Four players had five digs apiece.
- Olivet hosts Adrian College next Friday night at 7 p.m.