MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College men's tennis team fell to Indiana University-South Bend, 8-1, today at the Marshall High School Tennis Courts in Marshall, Michigan.
Final Score: Indiana University-South Bend 8, Olivet 1
Location: Marshall High School Tennis Courts; Marshall, Michigan
Records: Olivet 0-3 overall, Indiana-South Bend 2-0 overall
- The match started on time at 12 p.m. Twenty-five minutes into the match a heavy rain shower rolled thru the area. The rain cleared out and play resumed nearly two and one-half hours later at 3 p.m.
- When play resumed, the Titans won all three doubles matches and five-of-six singles matches for the 8-1 win.
- Senior Tyler Nobel earned Olivet's point at the No. 4 singles position. He won his first set, 6-1, before losing the second set on a tiebreaker. A match-tiebreaker was used to determine the winner, and Nobel won it, 10-6.
- Freshman Adam Kimmith suffered a three-set loss at No. 6 singles. He won the first set, 6-3, and lost the second set, 6-2, and the match –tiebreaker, 10-5.
- The Comets travel to Ypsilanti on Friday for a rescheduled match against Concordia University-Ann Arbor. First serve at the Chippewa Tennis Club is 5 p.m.