MARSHALL, Mich. – The Olivet College men's tennis team fell to Alma College, 5-4, at the Marshall High School Tennis Courts in Marshall, Michigan.
Final Score: Alma 5, Olivet 4
Location: Marshall High School Tennis Courts; Marshall, Michigan
Records: Olivet 0-2 overall, Alma 2-0 overall
- The outcome of the match was not decided until Alma's David Suidgeest walked off the court with a win in the final match at No. 6 singles.
- The Scots won two-of-three doubles matches to take the 2-1 lead into singles play. Alma earned wins at two of the next three singles matches to make the score 4-2. The Comets claimed wins at No. 2 and No. 3 singles to even the score.
- Suidgeest used a 7-5 tiebreaker to win the second set and give the team win to the Scots.
- Olivet's win in doubles came at the No. 2 position, where junior Donald Doyle and freshman Sam Vondra posted an 8-6 victory.
- Senior Tyler Nobel coasted to a 6-0, 6-2 win at No. 4 singles.
- At No. 2 singles, Vondra won his first set, 6-0. A 9-7 set two tiebreaker victory gave him the win.
- Freshman Cameron Walker earned the win at No. 3 singles. He won the first set, 6-4, before dropping the second set, 6-3. Walker won the match tiebreaker, 10-5.
- The Comets are on the road Friday to play Concordia University-Ann Arbor. First serve at the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti is at 5 p.m.