OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Hope College, 10-0, this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Hope 10, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Hope 9-5-0 overall, 2-1-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-8-1 overall, 1-2-0 MIAA
- The Flying Dutchmen scored five goals in the first and second half.
- Forty-nine players saw action in the game, 26 for Hope and 23 for the Comets.
- Olivet tallied four shots, one each for sophomore Moubarak Adam, freshman Kjeil Dickinson, freshman Jesus Escalante and junior Joshua Rosendale.
- Freshman Peter Roose made his Comet debut in goal and collected 10 saves.
- Eight different players scored a goal. Nic Kubert finished with five points on two goals and one assist.
- Kai Jurgle had three points (one goal and one assist).
- Hope totaled 35 shots in the contest.
- Three goalkeepers combined for the shutout, and each made one save. Blair McCormick earned the win after playing in net during the first half.
- The Comets go on the road Saturday to play Trine (Ind.) University at 2 p.m.