ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team started Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play with a 2-1 loss to Alma College today at Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Alma 2, Olivet 1
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Michigan
Records: Alma 4-6 overall, 1-0 MIAA; Olivet 3-7-1 overall, 0-1-0 MIAA
- The Comets took a 1-0 lead in the ninth minute when junior Joshua Rosendale scored off a pass from freshman Coda Mendoza.
- The score remained 1-0 at halftime.
- Brian Ganton netted the equalizer for the Scots in the 70th minute.
- Tanner Parrett scored the game-winning goal with 2:13 left in the second half.
- Olivet was held to eight shots, including three for Rosendale.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon played all 90 minutes in goal, faced 27 shots and collected five saves.
- Kyle Farmer topped the team with six shots, followed by Noah Canlas with five.
- Danten McFate tallied four shots.
- Garrison Mast was the winning keeper. He had one save in 90 minutes of action.
- The Comets host Adrian College Saturday at 3 p.m. The game is a part of Olivet's Homecoming, as the Comet women's soccer team hosts Trine (Ind.) University at noon and the football team plays Adrian at 2 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the game. There will be limited parking at the Cutler Athletic Complex.