ELMHURST, Ill. – The Olivet College men's soccer team was shutout by Elmhurst (Ill.) College, 5-0, in a non-conference game tonight under the lights at Langhorst Field in Elmhurst, Illinois.
Final Score: Elmhurst (Ill.) 5, Olivet 0
Location: Langhorst Field in Elmhurst, Illinois
Records: Elmhurst 6-3-1 overall, Olivet 3-5-1 overall
- The Bluejays led 1-0 at halftime behind a goal by Buddy Nelson in the 41st minute.
- Elmhurst added four more goals in the second half. The first by Oliver Saile in the 53rd minute. The final three goals came in a span of just over four minutes near the end of the game by Chris Tsountsouras in the 86th minute, Noah Backhaus in the 88th minute and Matt Conti in the 90th minute.
- Olivet was held to four shots.
- Junior Joshua Rosendale took two shots.
- Junior Dean Failer also had two shots and placed one on-frame.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon suffered the loss in goal. He made five saves.
- Elmhurst tallied 22 total shots, 10 in the first half and 12 in the second half.
- In addition to his goals, Conti registered a team-leading four shots.
- Backhaus and Tsountsouras had three shots apiece.
- Four more players each finished with two shots.
- Donnie Kvien provided the clean sheet in goal.
- Olivet hosts Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) University Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m.