ROCKFORD, Ill. – The Olivet College men's soccer team slipped past Rockford (Ill.) University, 3-2, tonight under the lights at Wedgbury Stadium in Rockford, Illinois. Junior Joshua Rosendale scored two goals, and has now scored two goals in each of the last four games.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Rockford 2
Location: Wedgbury Stadium; Rockford, Illinois
Records: Rockford 3-4 overall, Olivet 3-2 overall
- Rosendale scored his first goal just two minutes and 16 seconds into the game. He then put Olivet up 2-0 with his second goal in the 29th minute.
- The Regents cut their deficit in half with one minute and 31 seconds before the intermission.
- Sophomore Dominik Burmeister tallied a penalty kick goal in the 71st minute to make the score 3-1.
- Rockford answered with a goal four minutes later.
- The Regents had a couple chances to score the equalizer but the shots sailed over the net.
- Rosendale had four shots to go along with his two goals.
- Burmeister and junior Dean Failer each recorded two shots.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon earned the win in goal. He faced 19 shots and made nine saves.
- Alonzo Carrillo and Ryan Munch scored the Rockford goals.
- Caleb Warmbier topped the team with four shots.
- Francesco Martincig was the losing keeper.
- Olivet plays a 1 p.m. ET game Sunday at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.