DEFIANCE, Ohio – Junior Joshua Rosendale scored two goals to lead the Olivet College men's soccer team to a 2-1 win over Defiance (Ohio) College in a non-conference contest this afternoon at Whisper-Knobel Memorial Field in Defiance, Ohio.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Defiance 1
Location: Whisper-Knobel Memorial Field; Defiance, Ohio
Records: Defiance 1-3-1 overall, Olivet 2-2 overall
- Olivet took a 1-0 lead in the 21st minute when Rosendale sent a shot from eight yards out into the goal at the far post.
- Rosendale doubled the Comet advantage in the 29th minute. He dribbled the ball around a defender before chipping a shot over the goalkeeper's head and into the center of the net.
- The Yellow Jackets got a goal back in the 60th minute.
- Defiance turned up the offensive pressure for the remainder of the second half but was never able to score the equalizer.
- Olivet finished the game with 11 shots.
- Rosendale took six total shots, placing four on-frame.
- Freshman Noah Runnals recorded two shots.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon was the winning keeper, as he made 10 saves in the complete game performance.
- Defiance had 25 shots.
- Noah Svanberg tallied the goal and notched a team-best five shots.
- Jarren Casto was next with four shots.
- Orry Kilam suffered the loss in goal.
- Today's game was the 13th time the Comets and Yellow Jackets have met on the soccer field. Olivet has never lost to Defiance, holding a 12-0-1 edge in the series. The Comets have also out-scored the Yellow Jackets, 55-13, in the 13 games.
- Rosendale has now scored two goals in three straight games for seven goals total in 2019. The seven goals matches his total goals scored in his freshman and sophomore seasons combined. He had five goals in 2017 and two goals in 2018.
- Olivet travels to play Rockford (Ill.) University Friday night at 8 p.m. ET.