OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team blanked Augustana (Ill.) College, 2-0, in its home-opener today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Augustana 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Augustana 0-1 overall, Olivet 1-0 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets scored a goal in both halves.
- Junior David Magallon was fouled in the box and then converted a penalty kick for the first goal in the 33rd minute.
- Freshman Joshua Rosendale scored the second goal in the ninth minute of the second half. Magallon was credited with an assist after his shot clanged off the crossbar and to the feet of Rosendale.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet out-shot Augustana, 9-2, including 4-0 in the second half.
- Magallon had five shots.
- Freshman Brendan Morse collected one save, while playing all 90 minutes in goal.
FOR THE VIKINGS
- Aaron Jones and Daniel Artman each recorded a shot.
- Jeremy Klaber had three saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game was only the second time Olivet and Augustana played each other in school history. And ironically, the Comets won the other game by the same 2-0 score on Sept. 13, 2015, on the Vikings' home turf.
- Olivet makes the trip to Wisconsin for two games early next week. On Tuesday night, the Comets face Edgewood College at 8 p.m., and on Wednesday afternoon, they play University of Wis.-Whitewater at 5 p.m.