EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Olivet College men's golf team finished in eighth-place at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Fall Final Tournament, hosted by the Comets at the Forest Akers West Golf Course in East Lansing.
Location: Forest Akers West Golf Course; East Lansing, Michigan
Par / Yardage: 72 / 6,694 yards
- The Comets posted back-to-back 335 team scores for a two-day total of 670 strokes.
- Trine (Ind.) University took first-place with a 583 to capture the 2019 MIAA title.
- Grant Brettnacher from Trine was the medalist with a two-round score of 141 strokes.
- Junior Nicholas Hoffman had Olivet's best two-round score with a 155 (77-78).
- Freshman Wes Darrow completed his two rounds in 168 (85-83) strokes.
- Freshman Isiah Strand recorded a 170 (84-86).
- Freshman Kurtis Wolfram shot a 180 (89-81).
- After being disqualified in Friday's first round, junior Cameron Lemon carded an 88 in today's round.
- The Comets will resume their 2019-20 schedule in the spring. A complete spring schedule will be posted on the athletics website, www.olivetcomets.com, in early 2020.