GOSHEN, Ind. – The Olivet College women's tennis team fell to Goshen (Ind.) College, 6-1, today at the John Ingold Athletic Complex in Goshen, Indiana.
Final Score: Goshen (Ind.) 6, Olivet 1
Location: John Ingold Athletic Complex; Goshen, Indiana
Records: Olivet 2-3 overall, Goshen 0-11 overall
- Playing at an NAIA school, the scoring in doubles is different from what NCAA rules say. The school winning 2-of-3 doubles matches earns one team point, and they are played as a 6-game pro-set.
- The Leafs claimed the doubles point and then won 5-of-6 singles matches.
- Sophomore Julia Miklusicak won 6-3, 6-3 at No. 6 singles to pick-up Olivet's lone team point.
- The No. 3 doubles duo of sophomore Haley Eversole and freshman Anneliese Jones dropped a close 7-5 match.
- At No. 4 singles, senior Sydnie Weller won her first set, 7-6, before losing the second set, 6-2, and the match-tiebreaker, 10-5.
- At No. 5 singles, senior Alex Lesko earned a 6-1 win the first set, fell 6-2 in the second set and the match tie-breaker, 10-8.
- Olivet concludes the fall portion of its schedule tomorrow with a match at Concordia University-Ann Arbor. Opening serve from the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti is at 5 p.m.