ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team lost 2-1 in overtime to Alma College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) today inside Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Alma 2, Olivet 1 (OT)
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Michigan
Records: Alma 8-4-1 overall, 3-2-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-6-2 overall, 0-3-2 MIAA
- The Comets took a 1-0 lead in the 38th minute when junior Chelsie Smith made a penalty kick goal.
- The score was still 1-0 at halftime.
- The Scots leveled the score in the 58th minute after Paige Moore converted a penalty kick goal.
- Olivet had a couple scoring chances in the final 10 minutes of the game. Two of the shots by senior Maya Prewitt were stopped by the goalkeeper.
- There was no more scoring, so the game went to overtime.
- Senior Abby Radcliffe's shot in the second minute of overtime was turned aside by the keeper. A second shot by Smith was blocked by the goalkeeper.
- Alma netted the golden goal with 3:03 left in overtime.
- Olivet totaled 10 shots.
- Smith led the way with four shots.
- Sophomore Mekenzie Lamb played the entire game in goal, and had six saves.
- Alma recorded 20 shots, with a slight 8-5 edge in shots-on-goal.
- Lily Stephan topped the team with seven shots.
- Ally Wentworth logged all 96 minutes and 57 seconds in goal, and made four saves.
- Olivet now prepares for a busy weekend of soccer at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. On Saturday, the Comets play Albion College at 2 p.m., and on Sunday, they face Finlandia University at 11 a.m.