NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Olivet College wrestling team kicked-off the 2019-20 season with a 40-10 win over Manchester (Ind.) University in a non-conference dual match this morning at Stauffer-Wolfe Arena in North Manchester, Indiana.
Final Score: Olivet 40, Manchester (Ind.) 10
Location: Stauffer-Wolfe Arena; North Manchester, Indiana
Records: Olivet 1-0 overall, Manchester 0-1 overall
- The Comets won 8-of-10 bouts, and scored bonus points in seven of the wins.
- At 125 pounds, junior Cameron Mahlich earned a forfeit victory.
- At 141 pounds, sophomore Reese Wallis pinned his opponent with just under a minute left in the bout.
- At 149 pounds, sophomore Hunter Murphy also pinned his opponent in the third period at 6:12.
- At 165 pounds, junior Dylan Briggs won a 14-4 major decision.
- At 174 pounds, junior Adam Hall edged his opponent, 5-3.
- At 184 pounds, senior Kamyab Kamali had the quickest pin of the match at 5:17.
- At 197 pounds, sophomore Hiram Robinson posted a 13-2 major decision.
- At 285 pounds, junior Trevor Piggott claimed a 17-2 technical fall victory.
- The Comets compete at the Muskegon Community College Open next Saturday, Nov. 9.