ANGOLA, Ind. – Senior Nicole Deweyert was the individual medalist to lead the Olivet College women's golf team to a tie for third-place today at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Jamboree #3. Trine (Ind.) University was the host school, and the jamboree took place at the Zollner Golf Course in Angola, Indiana.
Location: Zollner Golf Course; Angola, Indiana
Par / Yardage: 71 / 5,828 yards
- The Comets returned to the clubhouse with a 334 team score to tie Trine and Calvin University.
- Saint Mary's (Ind.) College won the team title with a 312, followed by Hope College at 333.
- Deweyert shot a 72, including a one-under par 35 on the front nine.
- Sophomore Erin Taylor carded an 82 (42-40).
- Senior Taylor Elley and freshman Aynslee Myer both finished their round in 90 strokes.
- Junior Crystal Lettinga posted a 95.
- Deweyert's 72 was a personal-best and also ranks in a tie for the fourth-best round all-time at Olivet.
- The 72 also broke the MIAA-record for Zollner Golf Course. The previous record was a 73.
- At the mid-point of the MIAA schedule, Saint Mary's holds a 58 stroke lead over the Comets for the top spot in the standings, 950-1008. Olivet is five strokes ahead of third-place Hope and seven strokes ahead of fourth-place Calvin. Trine is fifth at 1027, followed by Albion, 1048; Alma, 1060; Adrian, 1063; and Kalamazoo, 1214.
- The Comets are scheduled to host the fourth jamboree tomorrow at The Medalist Golf Club in Marshall.