KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team fell to North Central (Ill.) College, 93-53, this afternoon at the Kalamazoo College Hornet Invitational, held inside the Anderson Athletic Center in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: North Central (Ill.) 93, Olivet 53
Location: Anderson Athletic Center; Kalamazoo, Michigan
Records: North Central 3-2 overall, Olivet 1-3 overall
- The Cardinals shot 50.7 percent (37-of-73) from the floor and 90 percent (9-of-10) from the charity stripe.
- The Comets posted a 39.6 field goal percentage (21-of-53) and 44.4 free throw percentage (4-of-9).
- Junior Chris Martin came off the bench to score a team-best 14 points.
- Junior Shawn Pardee added 12 points.
- Senior Keyon Rainey led the team with six rebounds.
- Connor Rairdon led all scorers with 23 points on 9-of-14 shooting.
- Matt Cappelletti and Matt Helwing tallied 11 points each.
- Cappelletti grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
- Olivet plays John Carroll (Ohio) University tomorrow in its second game at the Hornet Invitational. The game tips-off at 1 p.m.