WHEATON, Ill. – The Olivet College men's basketball team suffered an 81-51 loss to Wheaton (Ill.) College in a non-conference tilt tonight inside the King Arena in Wheaton, Illinois.
Final Score: Wheaton (Ill.) 81, Olivet 51
Location: King Arena; Wheaton, Illinois
Records: Wheaton 3-1 overall, Olivet 1-2 overall
- The Thunder led 12-4 before the Comets went on an 11-3 run to tie the game at 15-15 with 11:25 left in the first half. The teams traded baskets to create one more tied score at 17-17. Wheaton scored the next basket and free throw to complete an "old-fashioned" three-point play. The Thunder did not trail for the rest of the half, leading by six points, 34-28, at the break.
- Wheaton and Olivet exchanged baskets to start the second half and make it another six-point game, 36-30. The Comets could not draw any closer for the rest of the game.
- Junior Chris Martin paced Olivet with 12 points.
- Freshman Britton Angell added 10 points off the bench.
- Junior Jared Long pulled down a team-best six rebounds.
- Four starters reached double figures in the scoring column.
- Nyameye Adom led the way with 24 points on 10-of-18 shooting from the floor.
- Cade Alioth and Tyson Cruickshank finished with 13 points apiece.
- Anajuwon Spencer contributed 12 points.
- Alioth grabbed a game-high nine rebounds and dished out a game-best four assists.
- Olivet is off until next Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 30-Dec. 1, when it plays in the Kalamazoo College Hornet Invitational. The Comets face North Central (Ill.) College Saturday at 3 p.m., and John Carroll (Ohio) University Sunday at 1 p.m.