OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team lost in three sets to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) leader Calvin College this evening at The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Calvin def. Olivet 25-16, 25-16, 25-15
Location: The Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 6-16 overall, 2-7 MIAA; Calvin 13-3 overall, 9-0 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first set, the Knights scored the first three points and never looked back.
- In the second set, Calvin put the first point on the scoreboard before the Comets tied it at 1-1. The Knights scored the next three points to take a 4-1 lead. Calvin never trailed for the rest of the set.
- The third set was the same as the first set, as the Knights opened the set on a 3-0 run and never relinquished the lead.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Courtney Cronkright paced the front row attack with seven kills.
- Sophomore Morgan Champion was next with five kills.
- Sophomore Madelyn Notenbaum posted a team-high in set assists (18) and match-best in digs (nine).
FOR THE KNIGHTS
- Calvin recorded 14 kills in each of the three sets and finished with a .450 attack percentage.
- Anna Kamp led all players with 12 kills to go along with a .455 hitting percentage.
- Sarah DeVries tallied nine kills.
- Jenna Lodewyk dished out a match-high 34 set assists.
- Keilahna Castillo and Kristen Vyletel collected five digs apiece.
- Olivet hosts Hope College tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m.