HILLSDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams participated in the Hillsdale College "Wide Track" Classic Feb. 3-4 at the Margot V. Biermann Athletic Center in Hillsdale. Highlighting the meet was four school-record performances.
FOR THE MEN
- In Friday's weight throw, junior Mitchell Smith broke the school record with a 50'1-1/4" toss, while sophomore Kory Slaby had a personal-best at 40'7-3/4".
- In Friday's running events, junior Bruce Baker finished with a lifetime-time best indoor time of 8:53.58 in the 3,000-meter run.
- In Saturday's field events, freshman Noah Bailey set a school record in the triple jump with a 42'7" leap and Smith broke the school record in the shot put with a 44'1/2" toss.
- In Saturday's running events, senior Connor Bauserman completed the 800-meter run in 1:57.09, which ranks 38th on the NCAA Division III performance list.
FOR THE WOMEN
- In Friday's running events, sophomore Kimberly Barber posted a career-best indoor time of 27.66 seconds in the 200-meter run.
- Also on Friday in the 3,000-meter run, three runners all ran personal-best indoor times – 12:05.70 by sophomore Nicole Sebok, 12:07.09 by sophomore Jessica Taylor and 12:20.97 by junior Nicole Gilbert.
- On Saturday, junior Isabelle Leon was third in the mile run in a school-record time of 5:30.33.
- Olivet travels to Ohio next Friday, Feb. 10, to compete at the Defiance College Dick Small Invitational. All running and field events will start at 4 p.m.