HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team suffered a 4-0 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) leader Hope College tonight at Van Andel Soccer Stadium in Holland.
Final Score: Hope 4, Olivet 0
Location: Van Andel Soccer Stadium; Holland, Mich.
Records: Hope 11-1-1 overall, 9-1-1 MIAA; Olivet 9-5-0 overall, 7-4-0 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team was able to put a shot into the back of the net in the opening 45 minutes of play.
- The Flying Dutch dented the scoreboard for the first time in the sixth minute of the second half.
- Hope added two more goals in a three and one-half minute span.
- The Flying Dutch capped their scoring with a goal in the final minute of play.
- The Comets' best scoring opportunity came in the 67th minute when senior Isabelle Leon had her shot from about eight yards out stopped by the goalkeeper.
FOR THE COMETS
- The Comets totaled 12 shots in the game.
- Junior Emma Essen registered a team-high four shots,
- Leon and freshman Miranda Gale each took two shots.
- Freshman Brooklyn Holley collected 10 saves, while playing all 90 minutes in net.
FOR THE FLYING DUTCH
- Grace Bubin, Rylie Dalton, Abbey Prezkop and Audrey White each scored a goal.
- Bubin also had two assists for four points to go along with eight shots.
- Dalton recorded five shots.
- Jordanne Ellingboe had six saves to provide the clean sheet in goal.
- Olivet travels to play Trine (Ind.) University Saturday afternoon at noon. The game is a part of a soccer doubleheader at Trine, as the Comet men also play the Thunder immediately following the women's game.