ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team won its fourth straight game, defeating Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Alma College, 2-1, this afternoon at Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Alma 1
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Mich.
Records: Alma 2-8-2 overall, 2-8 MIAA; Olivet 9-4 overall, 7-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Isabelle Leon scored the first goal in the 25th minute. The score remained 1-0 at halftime.
- Olivet went ahead 2-0 in the 49th minute after sophomore Maya Prewitt's shot deflected off a defender and into the goal.
- Alma made the score 2-1 in the 54th minute.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with a 19-15 advantage in total shots, but both teams had six shots-on-goal.
- Leon led the way with six shots. Two was placed on-frame and another hit off the crossbar.
- Prewitt and senior Rachael Durocher each had three shots.
- Freshman Brooklyn Holley posted the win in goal, making five saves.
FOR THE SCOTS
- Amanda Mladenovski scored the goal. She along with Lexi Moyer and Janelle Christensen had three shots apiece.
- Kelsey Postema played all 90 minutes in net and stopped four shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With her goal, Leon is now third all-time at Olivet with 47 goals and 115 points.
- The Comets are tied for second-place in the MIAA standings with 21 points (7-3 record).
- Olivet travels to play MIAA leader Hope College Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 7 p.m.