OLIVET, Mich. – Senior Isabelle Leon scored a goal in both halves to aid the Olivet College women's soccer team to a 3-0 win over Trine (Ind.) University in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) contest this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. With the two goals, Leon becomes only the fourth player in school history to reach the 100 career point plateau.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Trine 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Trine 4-3 overall, 0-3 MIAA; Olivet 5-1 overall, 3-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Leon scored her first goal in the 28th minute. Junior Emma Essen sent a cross from the left side of the goal to the near post, where Leon redirected the ball into the back of the goal.
- Essen stretched Olivet's lead to 2-0 with an unassisted tally in the 51st minute. She dribbled down the left side of the field and into the box, tucking a shot into the goal just inside the far post.
- Leon capped the Comets' scoring in the 59th minute. Her first shot was turned away by the keeper but not controlled. Leon took control of the rebound and sent the ball into the net for her team-leading sixth goal of the season.
FOR THE COMETS
- In addition to her two goals, Leon posted a game-high five shots.
- Essen was next with four shots.
- In goal, freshman Brooklyn Holley recorded her third shutout of the season. She faced 12 shots and collected five saves.
FOR THE THUNDER
- Marisa Robinett topped Trine with three shots, and three other players each had two.
- Kristina Veljovic suffered the loss in goal and made nine saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Leon has exactly 100 points on 41 goals and 18 assists. The 41 goals and 100 points are fourth all-time, while the 18 goals are sixth-most.
- Olivet concludes a four-game home stand Saturday when it hosts Albion College at 2:30 p.m. The game is a part of a soccer doubleheader in Olivet, as the Comet men face Alma College before the women's game at noon.