NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Olivet College wrestling team finished in second-place at the 2018 Mid-States Invitational, hosted by Manchester (Ind.) University and inside the Stauffer-Wolfe Arena in North Manchester, Indiana.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets had 13 wrestlers finish in the top eight of their weight class and totaled 194 points.
- Wabash (Ind.) College won the team championship with 330 points.
- With a 2-1 record, sophomore Drew Mandell was the runner-up finisher at 157 pounds. His wins were two first-period pins.
- Third-place finishes were by senior John Leark at 157 pounds, sophomore Nicholas Worden at 165 pounds and sophomore Kamyab Kamali at 174 pounds.
- Freshman Kaleb Marion placed fourth at 133 pounds.
- Sophomore Andre Bourlier was fifth at 141 pounds.
FINAL TEAM STANDINGS
1. Wabash (Ind.) 330.0, 2. OLIVET 194.0, 3. Adrian 146.0, 4. Manchester (Ind.) 135.5, 5. Ohio Northern 123.5, 6. Trine (Ind.) 90.0, 7. Otterbein (Ohio) 71.0, 8. Alma 55.5, 9. Heidelberg (Ohio) 22.5, 10. Mount St. Joseph (Ohio) 6.0.
- Olivet competes at the 2018 NCAA Division III Central Regional Friday and Saturday, Feb. 23-24, at Wabash (Ind.) College. Wrestling starts on Friday morning at 11 a.m. and Saturday morning at 10 a.m. The top three wrestlers in each weight class will advance to the 2018 NCAA DIII Championships March 9-10 in Cleveland, Ohio.