FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Olivet College wrestling team lost 37-15 to University of Wis.-Whitewater this morning at the 2017 National Wrestling Coaches Association Multi-Divisional National Duals at the War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Comets entered the national duals ranked No. 21 in the NWCA Top 25 poll, while the Warhawks are No. 18.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets won only three bouts. Of the 10 bouts, seven were decided by pins, including the final six.
- At 149 pounds, senior Austin Kelley won 2-0 after scoring the only points on a takedown 14 seconds into the bout.
- Junior Davon Jackson recorded a pin at the 3:49 mark.
- Senior Jesse Judge registered his pin with two seconds left in the first period.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Kelley has now won eight straight matches and has a 12-3 record on the season.
- Jackson is riding a five-bout win streak, with four of the wins being pins.
- Judge now has a 12-5 record this season.
- Despite his loss in today's match, senior Curtis Blackwell has a 12-6 record. Ten of the wins have been a pin, and another was a technical fall. Four of his losses were minor decisions.
- Olivet travels to Alma College next Thursday, Jan. 12, for a dual match against the Scots, starting at 7 p.m.