OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team was overcome by Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College, 21-2, on a cold, rainy afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Albion 21, Olivet 2
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-9 overall, 0-4 MIAA; Albion 8-4 overall, 4-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Britons raced out to a 3-0 lead before junior Sabrina Butler scored the Comets' first goal at the 26:49 mark of the opening half.
- Albion tallied nine straight goals to go up 12-1.
- Butler found the back of the goal to make the score 12-2.
- The Britons netted the final four goals of the first half and all five goals in the second half to create the final 21-2 score.
FOR THE COMETS
- Butler led Olivet with two goals, five shots (four on-goal) and six draw controls.
- Freshman Kea Kunz won three draw controls.
- In the cage, senior Keri Hettinger had three saves in 60 minutes of action.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Cait Gaitley finished with 12 points on 10 goals and two assists to go along with 11 shots.
- Cassandra Reuschlein notched three goals and two assists for five points.
- Abby Sheklow recorded four points (three goals and one assist).
- Shannon Kahl added three goals, while Lauren Wiegand also had three points (two goals and one assist).
- Kate Mullins was the winning goalkeeper, collecting two saves.
- Olivet makes the trip down I-69 to Angola, Indiana, to play Trine (Ind.) University Tuesday, April 17, at 6:30 p.m.