GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team dropped a 25-3 decision to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Adrian College today at Docking Stadium in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian 25, Olivet 3
Location: Docking Stadium; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Adrian 2-6 overall, 1-1 MIAA; Olivet 0-8 overall, 0-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the first time this season, the Comets scored the first goal of the game when junior Krystin Verran found the back of the cage after receiving a pass from senior Miranda Mors.
- The Bulldogs then scored 16 unanswered goals to take a 16-1 lead at halftime.
- Sophomore Paige Harcourt netted a free-position goal early in the second half.
- Adrian put the next nine goals on the scoreboard to go up 25-2.
- Verran added a free-position goal with 1:35 left for the final tally of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Verran paced Olivet with two goals, three shots, nine draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Harcourt recorded two shots.
- Junior Keri Hettinger played all 60 minutes in goal and collected 12 saves.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Fourteen Adrian players scored at least one goal.
- Jenna Carter and Annie Rice led the way with three goals each.
- Rice also tallied seven assists for a team-best 10 points.
- Cassie Veenkant and Vanessa Wallace split time in the cage. Veenkant saw action in the first half and had one save, while Wallace played the second half and had two saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Verran's nine draw controls ties for the fourth-most in school history for a game.
- Olivet plays a 4 p.m. game Thursday at defending MIAA Tournament champion Calvin College.