SAUGATUCK, Mich. – The Olivet College women's golf team wrapped-up its season with a third-place finish today at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Playoff #3, held this afternoon at The Ravines Golf Course in Saugatuck.
Location: The Ravines Golf Course; Saugatuck, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,818
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Olivet had a 352 team score.
- Hope College took first-place with a 335 team and also secured the MIAA's automatic bid to the 2017 NCAA Division III Chamionships.
- Saint Mary's (Ind.) College was second at 342, and Trine (Ind.) University was fourth at 369.
- Julia DeBelly from Trine earned medalist honors with a 79.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Laura Bacso shared second-place in the player standings with an 81. She had two birdies on the front nine to post a tournament-best 38.
- Freshman Nicole Deweyert completed her round in 86 strokes to finish ninth in the player standings. She had a pair of birdies.
- Freshmen Taylor Elley and Molly Morey carded a 91 and 94, respectively.
BEYOND THE NUMBERS
- Bacso ends her Comet career with an 85.3 stroke average in 77 rounds. She improved her stroke average each year at Olivet. As a freshman, she averaged 93.8 strokes, lowered it to 85.5 as a sophomore, 83.6 as a junior and 80.3 this year.