HARROD, Ohio – Senior Laura Bacso tied for second in the player standings to lead the Olivet College women's golf team to a runner-up finish at the Ohio Northern University Polar Bear Invitational, held at the Colonial Golfers Club in Harrod, Ohio.
Location: Colonial Golfers Club; Harrod, Ohio
Par / Yardage: 72 / 5,912
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After shooting a 350 in Saturday's first round, the Comets shaved 21 strokes off their total today with a tournament-low 329 for a two-day total of 679 strokes.
- University of Northwestern Ohio won the team title with a 664 (333-331).
- Faithe Carr from Northwestern Ohio was the medalist with a 159 (81-78).
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Laura Bacso shot five strokes better today with a 79 for a two-round total of 163 strokes.
- Freshman Nicole Deweyert completed her two rounds in 166 strokes (85-81) to finish sixth in the player standings.
- Freshman Ashley Folleth improved by eight strokes with an 83 for two-day total of 174 strokes and tie for ninth on the player leaderboard.
- Sophomore Hayley Cooper finished with a 178 (92-86).
- Freshman Molly Morey was a stroke behind at 179 (90-89).
- Freshman Taylor Elley played as an individual and posted a 174 (90-84).
FINAL TEAM SCORES
1. Northwestern Ohio 333-331=664, 2. OLIVET 350-329=679, 3. Ohio Northern 357-xxx=xxx, 4. Otterbein (Ohio) 350-348-698, T5. Adrian 357-358=715, T5. Capital (Ohio) 356-359=715, 7. Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) 367-372=739, 8. Heidelberg (Ohio) 361-385=746, 9. Tiffin (Ohio) 385-387=772, 10. Lourdes (Ohio) 410-387=797, 11. Ursuline (Ohio) 438-407=845.
- Olivet makes the trip to St. Louis next Saturday and Sunday to play in the Washington University Spring Invitational at the Norman Probstein Community Golf Course.