OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's volleyball team lost a three-set match to Mount St. Joseph (Ohio) University this afternoon inside The Cutler Event Center in Olivet.
Final Score: Mount St. Joseph def. Olivet 25-19, 25-16, 25-19
Location: Cutler Event Center; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Mount St. Joseph 9-2 overall, 5-1 MCVL; Olivet 1-6 overall, 0-5 MCVL
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets scored the first point of the opening set and also led 2-1. The Lions put the next two points on the scoreboard and did not trail for the rest of the set. Olivet was able to keep it close until a 4-0 run made the score 14-9.
- With the exception of a 1-0 deficit, Mount St. Joseph held the lead for the remainder of the second set.
- In the third set, the Lions took an early 4-2 lead. The Comets scored five of the next six points to take a 7-6 lead. After Mount St. Joseph went back ahead 9-7, Olivet used a 4-1 run to gain an 11-10 advantage. The Lions responded with four consecutive points to take 14-11 lead, which it did not relinquish for the rest of the set.
FOR THE COMETS
- As a team, Olivet posted a .159 attack percentage.
- Freshman Brock Pringle slammed down a team-best nine kills and hit at a .250 clip.
- Freshman Andrew McCormick was next with eight kills, while senior Luke DeWitt had five.
- Freshman Aaron Giorgi recorded 13 set assists.
- Freshman Mathew Caamal also reached double figures in sets with 11.
- Pringle also topped the team with eight digs.
FOR THE LIONS
- As a team, Mount St. Joseph had a .357 attack percentage.
- Eleven different players recorded at least one kill. Adam Williams led the way with eight.
- Nathan Herdeaman registered a team-best 27 set assists.
- Zach Kuebler collected nine digs.
- Olivet is off until Friday, March 3, when it travels to Illinois Tech for a non-conference tri-match. The Comets will play the host Scarlet Hawks at 3 p.m. CST, and then Robert Morris University at 7 p.m. CST.