ALLENDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's indoor track & field teams broke two school records, as they opened the 2018 season today at the Grand Valley State University Bob Eubanks Open.
FOR THE MEN
- Freshman John Adams III placed eighth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.17 seconds. During the preliminaries, he had seventh-fastest time of 45 runners and missed breaking the school record by 1/100th of a second with a time of 7.10 seconds. Adams III also finished 10th of 29 runners in the 200-meter dash with a time of converted time of 23.66 seconds.
- Freshman Zane Paksi soared to a school-record clearance of 12 feet, 3-1/2 inches in the pole vault.
- Freshman Dewan Hawthorne posted the 10th-fastest time in the 600-meter run at 1:25.34.
- Sophomore Noah Bailey had the ninth-best mark in the long jump at 19 feet, 10-3/4 inches.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Junior Michaela Kaliniak set a new school record in the pole vault. She cleared the bar at 10 feet, 4-3/4 inches on her final attempt. The performance tied for the second-best mark but the judges' decision placed her third.
- Senior Abigail Gaines finished 15th in the 800-meter run with an indoor career-best time of 2:44.32.
- Junior Jessica Taylor also had an indoor personal-best times of 2:46.86 in the 800-meter run and 6:06.35 in the mile run.
- Olivet is back in action next Saturday, Jan. 20, at the Trine University Keith Turner Alumni Invitational.
Zane setting the pole vault record! pic.twitter.com/vKEW7C7loe— Olivet College XCTF (@OlivetXCTrack) January 12, 2018