Apr 29, 2017
Women's 4x800 relay breaks school record
HILLSDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College track & field teams competed at the Hillsdale College "Gina" Relays April 27-29 inside the Ken Herrick Track in Hillsdale.
FOR THE WOMEN
- The 4x800-meter relay team of juniors Abigail Gaines, Isabelle Leon and Nicole Zerfas, and senior Brianna Wiles broke the school record with a time of 10:19.87.
- In the 5,000-meter run, sophomore Nicole Sebok posted a personal-best time of 20:20.85.
- Sophomore Kimberly Barber had season-best performances in the long jump (17 feet, 1-1/4 inches) and 100-meter dash (:12.91).
- Sophomore Madison Grace threw lifetime-best marks of 128 feet, 3 inches in the hammer and 102 feet, 8 inches in the javelin.
- Sophomore Morgan Emens and freshman Kayla May recorded season-best times of 14.18 and 14.22 seconds, respectively in the 100-meter dash and lifetime-best times of 30.29 and 30.50, respectively in the 200-meter dash. Emens notched a career-time best mark of 59 feet, 10 inches in the javelin.
- Sophomore Jessica Taylor finished the 800-meter run in a lifetime-best time of 2:35.73. She also had a personal-best throw of 70 feet, 4 inches in the javelin.
- Wiles ran the 400-meter dash in a personal-best time of 1:00.64.
- The 4x100-meter relay quartet of Barber, Wiles, Leon and junior Michaela Kaliniak finished in a season-best time of 52.35 seconds.
FOR THE MEN
- Senior Connor Bauserman won the 1,500-meter run in a career-best time of 3:54.78.
- In the 5,000-meter run, junior Bruce Baker had a season-best time of 15:22.54, while sophomore Brad Thomas had a personal-best time of 16:03.12. Sophomore Mark Smith ran the race for the first time this season in 17:08.45.
- Freshman Noah Bailey completed the 400-meter run in a personal-best time of 51.31 seconds.
- Freshman Seth Foster posted a lifetime-best time of 12.48 seconds in the 100-meter dash and mark of 17 feet, 10-3/4 inches in the long jump.
- Also in the 100, freshman Jaylin Alexander raced to a season-best time of 11.60 seconds.
- Junior Miquel Marin ran the 200-meter dash in a season-best time of 24.99 seconds.
- Sophomore Kory Slaby had personal-bests in the hammer throw (130 feet, 6 inches) and discus (110 feet, 1 inch).
- Olivet competes at the 2017 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Field Day next Thursday and Friday, May 4-5. Calvin College is the host school.