YPSILANTI, Mich. – The Olivet College men's tennis team fell to Concordia University-Ann Arbor, 6-3, this morning at the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti.
Final Score: Concordia 6, Olivet 3
Location: Chippewa Tennis Club; Ypsilanti, Mich.
Records: Concordia 1-1 overall, Olivet 0-4 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cardinals won two-of-three doubles flights to take the early 2-1 advantage.
- Olivet won the last two singles matches, while Concordia won the first four to earn the 6-3 victory.
FOR THE COMETS
- The freshmen duo of Mark Conrad and Ethan See-Mayfield won an 8-2 pro-set at the No. 3 doubles position.
- Freshman Zachary Croze and sophomore Ben Morris lost a hard-fought 9-8 pro-set at No. 2 doubles.
- Croze cruised to a 6-3, 6-1 straight set win at No. 6 singles.
- At No. 5 singles, freshman Tyler Stepaniak lost the first set, 6-3. He then rebounded to win the second set 7-5 and then won a match tiebreaker, 10-3, for the third set.
- Today's match marked the end of the fall schedule for the Comets. Olivet will play the remainder of its schedule during the spring semester. The next scheduled match is Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017, at Indiana Tech.