N. MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams participated in a double dual meet today at Manchester University against the host Spartans and Anderson (Ind.) University. The Comet men defeated Anderson but fell to Manchester. The Olivet slipped past Manchester but fell to Anderson.
- Women – Olivet def. Manchester 111-108; Anderson def. Olivet 119-97
- Men – Manchester def. Olivet 123-120; Olivet def. Anderson 163-68
FOR THE WOMEN
- The women won four events.
- Sophomore Delaney Graham captured the top spot in the 50 freestyle, :26.55; and 100-freestyle, :58.30, and was the runner-up in the 200 freestyle, 2:14.55.
- Sophomore Samantha Butler led a 1-2 Comet finish in the 50 backstroke at 32.82 seconds. Junior Emma Cole was right behind her in 33.76 seconds.
- The fourth first-place performance was by junior Nicole Zerfas in the 100 breaststroke at 1:18.39. She also placed second in the 500 freestyle at 6:16.79.
- Both relays finished in second-place. The 200 medley relay team of Samantha Butler, Zerfas, sophomore Sabrina Butler and Graham clocked-in at 2:05.12. The 200 freestyle relay group pf Sabrina Butler, Samantha Butler, Cole and freshman Abbie Slater had a time of 1:56.48.
- Slater was second in the diving competitions. She posted scores of 161.45 points on the one-meter and 126.15 points on the three-meter.
FOR THE MEN
- Freshman Eric Wood won three individual events – 100 freestyle, :50.17; 200 freestyle, 1:52.31; and 500 freestyle, 5:18.48 – and swam the second leg of the winning 200 freestyle relay.
- Joining Wood on the winning relay were sophomore Lucas Bunn and freshmen Zach Meharg and Tom Decker, and their time was 1:37.96.
- Meharg touched the wall first in 1000 freestyle, 11:43.24; and second in the 100 breaststroke, 1:08.73; and 100 individual medley, 1:02.93.
- Sophomore Bryan Plesner was first in the 100 butterfly at 57.89 seconds.
- Senior Zak Gray placed second in the 50 breaststroke at 32.01 seconds.
- The 200 medley relay quartet of sophomore Kody Garcia, Gray, Plesner and Bunn finished in second-place with a time of 1:52.36.
- Senior Bryce Prudden scored second-place points on both diving boards – 217.65 on the one-meter and 148.25 on the three-meter.
- Olivet travels to Albion College next Friday, Feb. 3, for its final Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) dual meet of the 2016-17 season. The meet has a 6 p.m. start time.