ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams split dual meets against Alma College in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association dual meets today at McClure Natatorium in Alma. The Comet men defeated the Scots, 114-67; while the Alma won beat Olivet, 139-62.
- Men – Olivet def. Alma 114-67
- Women – Alma 139, Olivet 62
FOR THE MEN
- The Comets recorded six first-place finishes.
- Senior Bryce Prudden won both diving events, scoring 270.65 points on the one-meter and 258.70 points on the three-meter.
- Sophomore Lucas Bunn touched the wall first in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 52.79 seconds.
- Freshman Zach Meharg clocked-in with the fastest time in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:41.06.
- Freshman Eric Wood claimed the top spot in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:55.68.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay team of Wood, Bunn, Meharg and freshman Tom Decker was first in 3:39.85.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Freshman Abbie Slater took first-place on both diving boards. She scored 177.80 points on the one-meter and 168.35 points on the three-meter.
- Sophomore Sabrina Butler had the fastest time in the 50-meter freestyle at 27.43 seconds.
- Junior Emma Cole posted runner-up finishes in the distance freestyle events, recording times of 6:13.64 in the 500 and 12:44.14 in the 1,000.
- Olivet is off until Jan. 28 when it travels for a double dual at Manchester (Ind.) University against the Spartans and Anderson (Ind.) University.